Neha

Been quite some time, eh! Yeah, I know... after all, my resolution to write only after Gagan recovers. And I am back, keeping true to my promise with a new post! Come on, Smile now :))

First things first, a BIG THANK YOU to all my blogdosts! Wish I could express it better here. Nevertheless, A very big thank you from the core of my heart for all your prayers and wishes for Gagan. Prayers work miracles and unfold those magical elements that we yearn earnestly for. Your prayers gave Gagan the strength and resistance to hold on and so he did. Yes, he is recovering; though, will take some time to return to his usual self. Last Sunday, I asked him if he remembered my blog and he nodded. Then I told him that I have not written since he's there and asked if he wanted me to write. He held my hand tighter... and... smiled. And trust me, no other moment has given me more happiness in the past one month! After this meeting, there seemed to be a spring in me; I was laughing, talking and even playing with a ball outside the ICU (something that Lagan , Gagan's younger brother, noticed and pointed out to me!)!

The day when Gagan did not respond to me, I was shaken to the core; but when Zaffar asked me to get all Ruskin Bonds for him to keep my promise, a new sense of hope and faith came within me. Thank you Zaffar for restoring the faith and belief within me, which had forsaken me then. Your unrelenting patience gave me the strength to look forward. And thank you Lagan, for it was your never-say-die attitude that gave us the courage to stand upright. Until this incident, I had only heard about you, but when I met you, I felt I've known you since forever. I had resolved not to meet Gagan till he doesn't call for me (I know that was being stupid and childish!) and even did that for a week when Lagan messaged me saying that I should meet him for the sake of Gagan and myself. And the next day, when I met Gagan, he responded to everything I said! Zaffar and Lagan, our Bunty-Babli jokes stay between us, but they sure gave us all these fun and light moments! (God, if only they come to know who I am referring to!!)

Thank you Pushkar! If it had not been for you in these testing times, I would not have known who to turn to! From educating me about all those reports written in Greek (yeah, your medico language rather) to all those GCS readings (each one of us asks for the latest GCS reading when they go to see Gagan!) to listening to me and just being there always has been the greatest support. I am glad you are a doctor, but happiest that you are my friend!

And Jalpesh (if at all you read this!), thanks for ensuring that a bed is not booked for me there :). I have been cooking religiously for 3 weeks now and I am proud of you for making me do that!

The last one month has truly been a month of realizations and redefining priorities in life. Life gave us all a lesson of how unpredictable it can be and the blow came unexpected from nowhere, leaving us all helpless. There were moments of despair, but then the very thought that despair is contagious, the other one would hide their tears and bring up a smile to ensure that others did not fall weak. Then, there were those moments when even a small gesture brought immense joy to one and all. Each day in the last month has been full of prayers, hopes, faith, determination, bonding and.... love! And a month when I met some more wonderful people I now admire for all of their patience, faith and strength. Thank you, Almighty!

While I am writing this, its 6.51 am by the watch and birds are chirping to glory outside my balcony. The same language that I've never understood, but which has always indicated a new day, a new beginning and a new life to me. I guess I will go, stand for a while on my balcony, watch the rising sun, listen to the birds a little more closely and have a little tete-a-tete with the Superior one out there. I know He listens!

PS - I, hereby, promise a new post at regular intervals; and blogdosts, you can define these intervals and I promise not to let you down! :)

(The credit for this goes to you, Ashish.. thanks a mighty ton :)
21 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    So, I read it first :-}.

    Why u hv to thank us in any way? Whtever we did, its jst coz we didnt like the gloomy weather around us, it wsnt to help anyone else but to help ourselves.

    Forgot to tell u abt last evening encounter with gagan. tht guy greeted me with a smile and tht was his trademark smile, and thts wht made me sleep so well at nite evn though i ws on rock solid bed all nite in hospital :-)



  2. Neha Says:

    @ Zaffar - where did you find a bed in the hospital? And you do deserve a big thanks and all of us deserve a party :)



  3. Neha Says:

    @ Tarun - Thanks a ton :)


  4. ani_aset Says:

    Faith,prayers, hope, lord, recovery, happiness, positivity, flowers, determination, devotion..all combined for gagan here on ur blog..and we all hope hes back soon


  5. Neha Says:

    Thanks Ani... and he will be back soon; in fact Zaffar and I will make him read all this once he's able to :)


  6. Unknown Says:

    yeah,, we do deserve a party.. tht too a grand one.. a little more wait and we gonna hv it together.


  7. Neha Says:

    @ Zaffar - Pucca hai!


  8. Unknown Says:

    hmmm.. online hi ho.
    i spent 2 hrs in HDU today.. hd good fun talking with gagan. he is getting restless as the days r passing but they r all positive signs.


  9. Neha Says:

    Lucky you... have not been able to see him for a week now.. hate that gaurd who sits there all the time :(


  10. Unknown Says:

    he was still thr whn i entered bt i acted as if i ws the boss there.. so he dint came aftr me. kuch seekho :-)
    bubbly hoti toh kabka seekh jati


  11. Neha Says:

    Koi nahi...will meet him on Sunday... btw, sms me your gtalk id.


  12. Jalpesh Says:

    ;) Thank god... Warna ye recerssion maine dusra bed to hospital maine bahut mehnga padta....;) ...so keep cooking ;)


  13. Jalpesh Says:

    btw 3 week cooking se major difference aa ya hai....u look fresh and face is shining now.. so apne face ke liye keep cooking....


  14. Anonymous Says:

    Congratulation Neha!

    I can understand the happiness and relief that you must be in. And I congratulate and salute to all firends of Gagan who were there with him, for him at such a crucial time. Who always prayed and never lost their faith.Who consoled each other, but couldn't console themselves, yet acting brave enough to show that courage and hope and faith to each other.
    Why I've written all this is not only because you have stood by each other, but also because abt 10days back i lost a dear friend of mine in a similar type of case (accident). He survived the 1st 72 hours and just when the Drs said he's recovering, ( and our smiles were coming back) he lost his battle with life couple of hours later, leaving us all in shock, emptiness and grieve.
    I request all of you, ecpecially Gagan's friends to please pray for him (Saad) and his family & friends who are in deep sorrow wid such a big loss. I know your prayers will be heard 1st, coz that'll be bottom of ur heart, coz now you know how preciaous and valuable friends are.
    (sorry for such a long msg).
    Congratulations, once again to one and all for Gagan's recovery!
    Aamir.


  15. Great Says:

    This is great news neha..have not known him but felt terrible about this mishap! Glad to know that things are progressing in the right direction...

    This is indeed the power He gives us all!

    Now we wait to see Gagan's comments to your posts...SOON!! My best wishes for his real speedy recovery!


  16. Neha Says:

    @ Jalpesh - Don't worry about booking the bed now and thanks for those compliments :)


  17. Neha Says:

    @ Aamir - Thanks and yes, we are still praying for him to recover and get discharged from the hospital soon.
    I am really sorry to hear about your friend and I can understand what you must be going through. May Saad's soul rest in peace. And I am sure that all blogdosts here will pray for Saad and his family. May God give you all the strength to bear this loss. God bless you all.



  18. Neha Says:

    @ Pooja - Thanks a ton for all your support, prayers and all those times when you've been there to listen to me :).
    And yeah, Gagan will soon give his comments here... am so looking forward to that day!