Neha

Hey guys...am really sorry. You'll have to wait for the next part of 'Is This Love?' Yeah..yeah... I know I promised the next part last weekend. And trust me... I have been trying to write since Saturday too... but guess am going through some serious writer's block at this time. So, I'd rather leave it for now and come back to it a couple of days later. I'll sure keep my promise this time. Come on, you guys can trust me...you know that! :)

And yes, a little belated now....a very Happy Independence Day to all of you! This had been a truly independent day for me with no socializing... no lunches to catch up with.... no other plans.... just me and my tanhai :)))). I have done nothing productive all weekend, except having good ol' gol gappas (am sure you haven't forgotten my love for them!) and some footwear shopping :)). Now this was something I had really been looking forward to for quite some time - some quality 'me' time. Hadn't I even wished for it in my last post! It sure was one of those weekends when I spent time with none other than me and I loved it thoroughly!

During my stroll in the market yesterday, I overheard an angry father asking his daughter the need for coming all the way just for the one dress she wanted. Her mother further questioned the need to take the same dress twice! The family seemed to have come all the way from Faridabad. The girl only looked at them saying nothing :). This reminded me of one of those market expeditions when I made Dad accompany me on my hunt for that 'special' top I wanted to wear for my birthday party! And that too in three cities! Finally, when I did pick up a 'top', my Dad exclaimed - 'You are one difficult person!' That was also one of those rare occasions when he didn't bargain! Kaneez will second Dad on this one... she has had her share of experience when we went to get a bag for me!!!

On a different note, a blogdost asked me recently that why do I not write on social and current issues. The question was justified too as blogging has much more to it. However for me, this is a completely personal space. There is the media and so many others to state and express their opinions on what's happening in and around the world. It's simply overwhelming! For me, this blog is a passion, a medium of expression, to talk and share. And then, hearing from you and reading your comments make me feel listened to :). And would you really like me to write on social and political topics? Do tell me. However, honestly, I'd still steer myself away from them. (I know I'm one stubborn person! :) )

I'll come back with the much awaited part of the 'Is this Love' series in my next post. You can murder me if don't!

Till then, take care and stay precious :)

4 Responses
  1. ani_aset Says:

    write for yourself..not anyone else
    tc


  2. Unknown Says:

    So the 'Writer's block' virus has bitten u as well!

    Well, we'll wait n watch what u have in store for us regarding "is this love?' series!

    take care and be yourself.

    aamir


  3. zainab Says:

    i still remember that day ... we have spend so many hours just for a bag!! but it was real fun ....

    n haan i dont want u to write about any social issue ,then it will be boring for me ...u kno what i mean ;)


  4. Neha Says:

    @ Ani - :)

    @ Aamir - I'm working on it..it should be there soon... :)

    @ Zainab - I know exactly what you mean dear :)