Neha

This month seems to have injected laziness into me. Not lazy in terms of work, but simply writing. The reading front is going fine and am completely into Indian fiction these days, though some books that were simply not worth it; but I never leave a book half-read however bad it may be. So I had to read (better put - tolerate) those till I finished them off! Thankfully my last read - Making the Minister Smile (Anurag Mathur), was a good one and did much to help get me over the previous two disasters! Thanks to Chetan bhagat, we have a whole new clan of writers who write only in conversational English, which does little to make a good read. Taking inspiration is one thing and pulling it to the extent of distortion is another! And the kind of language they use is definitely not the kind anyone would take up reading for! Now that gets me thinking! If these writers can find a publisher...so can I!


OK, let's stop me here...and go on with a tag. Tags are surely the best help when I don't have any or have too many things to post here! They give me time to think more and hence, prioritize. So here goes another one and this one came from Nupur :)

1.What is your current obsession ?
Saving!!! Yeah, honestly! All shopping has been put on halt for sometime. And this is for nothing in particular.

2. What are you wearing today?
A pink top and grey trousers :)

3. What’s for dinner?
Too soon to say :)

4. What’s the last thing you bought?
Footwear... that was 2 months back!

5. What are you listening to right now?
People here and there and all around me!

6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?
A good blogger and a great person....our friendship was a sweet coincidence :)

7. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
Somewhere in the mountains!

8. What are your must-have pieces for summer?
Kurtis and churidar; white shirt/top; a couple of comfortable pairs of jeans

9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?Only for an hour?
The Oprah Winfrey Show (it's a one hour show, right?)

10. Which language do you want to learn?
Punjabi! And I'm serious...I find myself at complete loss of words with Punjabis all around me in Delhi!

11. What’s your favourite quote?
'Live Rather Than Exist'...and this one has been coined by me :))

12. Who do you want to meet right now?
My Grandfather :(

13. What is your favourite colour?
I like all vibrant colors :)

14. What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own closet?
Currently, it's the kurti I got from Cotton World!

15. What is your dream job?
A perfect home maker! (Mind you, that's a full-time job!)

16. What’s your favourite magazine?
The good old Readers' Digest :)

17. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
Too less to think about...give me more, then I plan :)

18. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
Bad footwear!

19. Who according to you is the most over-rated style icon?
Aishwarya Rai!

20. What kind of haircut do you prefer?
The one I have now and have had for five years now (the length has varied though :) )

21. What are you going to do after this?
Treat myself to a Chocolate Truffle ... No, not for the labor I put into this...it was planned since afternoon :)

22. What are your favourite movies?
A long list...

23. What are three cosmetic/makeup/perfume products that you can't live without?
Jordana Blue kajal, Maybelline Lip Gloss and David Off perfume

24. What inspires you ?
Life!

25. Give us three styling tips that always work for you?
The right attitude teamed with confidence and a smile...works magic!

26. What do you do when you “have nothing to wear” (even though your closet’s packed)?
Aah...this happens every day! And every day, I manage to find something :)

27. Coffee or tea?
Coffee...cold please :)

28. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
Read or go out for a walk.

29. What is the meaning of your name?
Cherished beauty!

30. Which other blogs do you love visiting?
Brittany's, Nupur's, Ani's, Melissa's, Shobha De, Kelsey's...and many more :)

31. Favorite Dessert/Sweet?
Rasgullas and kaju barfi...yumm!

32. Favorite Season?
All of them... read this and you'll know why :) - http://neha-liveratherthanexist.blogspot.com/2009/05/25-random-things.html

33. If I come to your house now, what would u cook for me?
All that you like :)

34. What is the right way to avoid people who purposefully hurt you?
Just IGNORE them...no right or wrong about them!

35. How do you calm yourself down when you are agitated or angry?
Stay quiet and let the storm settle on its own! The outburst is always bad!

36.Who is the modern ideal girl..the one who knows how to shop, dress and enjoy or the one who is simple but manages the house, kids and herself well?
A blend of both...balance is the key :)

So, I'm done...and for the tagging...I tag Brittany, Melissa, Sarika & Ani. Happy tagging guys :)

10 Responses
  1. Brittany Ann Says:

    I love this! Thanks for tagging me!


  2. Neha Says:

    Most Welcome...Happy writing :)))


  3. ani_aset Says:

    i have already done this tag neha :)


  4. ani_aset Says:

    11. I think MJ has this in one of his songs.."stop existing and start living" :P


  5. Melissa G Says:

    Oh! I made your list!!! =) So happy! =) Thanks for the tag, i'll get right on it!


  6. Melissa G Says:

    I just posted my answers! Thanks again for tagging me! =)


  7. Nupur Says:

    Hey nice one :) LOL..current obsession-Saving !! :)

    Cheers for the 6th Ans :) a lovely coincidence...I'll cherish all my life :)

    Hey there is not link at ans 32 :( you forgot to provide one ??


  8. Neha Says:

    @ Ani - Mine is still original :D

    @ Melissa - m heading straight to your blog to read your responses :)

    @ Nupur - the link is there now...thanks a ton for reminding :)...hope you are having a good holiday!


  9. shyamal s Says:

    how anyone could be so particular about personal things, every time? isn't it boring?

    anyway..nice one, a good read..

    shyamal


  10. Sneha Says:

    There's something just so refreshing the way you describe even the simplest of things neha...
    Cheers to you and your rockstar attitude...

    Keep doing the good job..
    Luv..
    sneha