Neha
Happy New Year!!!

Too late a wish? I know. The lazy me could give you several excuses, but then....

So here's to a new start. Though for me, it's over a month old now :).

Being married feels good. I'm ignoring all the rants around me that ask me to wait for a few months/years to make that kind of statement. To marry my best friend and sweetheart is the best decision I have taken in my life so far. And I will surely repeat the statement some time/years from now too. (Please run or jump and touch the nearest piece of wood right now!)

As for new year resolutions, none for me this time. Those are very rarely intended to be kept. The Almighty has been extremely kind to me in the year gone by and blessed me abundantly.

I want to make it as beautiful and positive as I can and few things in my to-do list are:
  • All the firsts that happen in the first year of marriage. Our culture is so full of various traditions and rituals which are real fun.

  • Doing up our new home. We are still to move to our new place and I plan to make it as cozy as I always dreamt my home to be. The furniture is almost done...the next would be the curtains, linen et all. I so love all of it!!!

  • Going for trips/vacations. Plans I've always had, but never the company. Now in between my Doc's busy schedules, we plan to squeeze in some holiday time.

  • Get started on my book. High time! This has been on my mind for years now.

  • Study some more. Yeah, I plan to get back to some serious studies this year. Been slogging in the corporate sector for long and feel it's time to update/upgrade my skills and knowledge. A couple more degrees in my kitty will be good :)

So these are it. I may keep adding more to the list as the year goes by.

Have you got your list for this year ready yet?

Wish you all a super fantastic year ahead. Hope 2012 brings you all the joy and happiness.

Take care and stay precious :)
10 Responses
  1. Sonia Says:

    I wish all u r dreams come true:) And a Happy Married life and Happy New Year:) Stay Blessed :)


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Inshah allah, all the best for your book :)

    Marriage is a safe heaven not many realize. Some joke, some complain, some confuse the idea with children and family and what not! It is about companionship and living each moment...

    May god bless you and hell I want to travel a lot too this year! A LOT :D


  3. There is nothing wrong with saying you love being married! I'm 11 years in, and I still feel the exact same way you do now! I'm so happy for you! I loved, loved, loved all your wedding pictures...you looked beautiful!
    Happy new year to you! May God bless you and your husband this year!


  4. PhilO♥ Says:

    Your book? :) Great! Good luck for that! May you set up a very cozy house :)


  5. PhilO♥ Says:

    Your book? :) Great! Good luck with that :)
    May you set up a very cozy home! Stay happy :D


  6. Abhay Patel Says:

    Belated Happy New Year. All your wishes come true.


    Recruitment consulting services


  7. Rajlakshmi Says:

    good luck with the resolutions :D wish u a very happy new year


  8. Kathryn Says:

    Yes, marriage has been one of the best things for me. And I can honsestly say that I love my husband more today than I did 10 years ago (and I never thought that possible!) Congratulations on your marriage :)


  9. PhilO♥ Says:

    Thank You for the comment :) I have done a follow up! :)


  10. Megha Sarin Says:

    All the best for your future endeavors <3

    Love
    http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com