Neha


So, how long has it been since I was here last? It might have been a lifetime since I logged in here, and yet all I have been doing all this time has actually been only 'writing'! Just that it's now for others, rather than my blog here. More on that some time later.

The coming week is special for two reasons. First, my doc and I complete a year of marriage next Monday; and second, my younger sister is getting married next Friday . While, the date of her marriage is fast approaching, the fact remains that the very thought of my marriage has still not sunk into me! And believe me, whenever I say that eyes do go rolling, so it's okay if your reaction is the same too.

Yes, we will be completing a year of marriage in a few days. Even now, when I look at our wedding pictures, it seems like it was just yesterday. Yes, marriage does bring in changes and the ones based on mutual love and trust bring positive ones. And of course, life has changed since, though now it seems like I'd always been living this life. It's like something that always existed somewhere in my subconsciousness. May be it's those years of friendship and love we shared and the immense trust and faith we have always had in each other that makes it feel like it has been there for ever.

Like most girls, I too feared this institution. Today, as I look back at the past year, I realize what I would have missed had I given in to that fear of mine. For life cannot be more beautiful and every life that I get after this, I'd want to spend it with no other, but him. Sounds dramatic? I know, yet I know not how to express in any other way :)


Pushkar, there's no way I can ever thank you for making me a part of your life and most importantly, for loving me. You have given me all that I could ever dream of and there's nothing I can ask for more. Each moment spent with you reaffirms my faith in myself. And with every passing day, I look forward to a new one, as with you, life is simply and truly beautiful. You are, indeed, the answer to all my prayers. And if the concept of rebirth holds true, I pray that I share each of my lifetimes with you, my soul-mate. Happy Anniversary, Sweetheart!!


10 Responses
  1. Vijender : Says:

    Many congratulations .. really happy for you ! very inspiring to me for my own reasons :) Thank you!
    God Bless!


  2. Jenny Says:

    Glad to see you back here Neha! Advanced happy wedding anniversary and happy time looking forward to your sis's marriage. Agree time flies fast! and that is such a cute pic :-)


  3. Renu Says:

    congratulation to You and Pushkar both! Your post made me so happy..I love to see such pure love for another individual..


  4. Sonia Says:

    Every time I visit here, I am left with a wide smile.. Congratulations to the lovely couple. May all your dreams come true :)


  5. phatichar Says:

    Goodness gracious, one year already?? I actually thought it was just a while ago. :)

    Happy first anniversary in advance. May the Lord Almighty bless you both with a zillion more years of wedded bliss.


  6. Jack Says:

    Neha,

    Time really flies. We have completed 41 years on 20 Nov. It still seems we got married just some years ago. I will wish you on that date. Where is your sister getting married? Wish I could attend that!

    Take care


  7. StephieAnne Says:

    That is so beautiful Neha! Congratulations!!!


  8. Jaggu Says:

    Congratulations and keep going. yes, the time flies. And I cant believe that it will be 3 years of marriage by next May for me. Tims is so fast.

    And updated my blog after long time. Please visit, post your valuable comments and spread my blog:)


  9. Unknown Says:

    Hi! Visiting your blog after a long time!! I'm really late but happy anniversary!
    Also, in appreciation of my readers and commentors, I posted this today: http://www.bigaandlittlea.com/2012/12/top-commentors.html. Do come over and check it out!


  10. Ranu Says:

    hi Neha,
    i was browsing through and don't know how i came to yr blog. But once i read your post , i wanted to read it more n more.i must tell u it was an instant addiction.i was reading it almost whole night ,till 5am. As though ur thoughts were a fresh cool breeze i could feel. ur story gave me an encouragement to fight through the dilima i was in . ur writing is so divine n soothing n it reflects what a great human u r. A GOLDEN PERSON with a GOLDEN HEART .the time i was browsing , i was in tears as i was missing my best friend whose life is all upside down at present . i wanted to pen my emotions but couldnt find the words ,going through yr posts i felt a light which showed me the path .It actually gave me the strength to face this face of life,to regain never say die spirit.
    yr tribute to grandpa made me think of my own collection. yes i write , i have been writing when i was in class 6th . it was their to sooth me in times of my sorrow , a friend with whom i can share my tears . i have a collection of about 150 + poems but they are a secret, i never share it with someone except nidhi di . u might b thinking y m i telling u all this stuff . so here comes d answer ur writing touches the soul its so pure so sraight and so true . dil se dil tak . actually u inspired me to pick up the pen again something which i was slowly loosing , or rather i should say to keep alive that part in me which was slowly dying. u helped me to ease the pain ,to re generate the me in me .I feel like sharing so many things with u but then i wouldnt be fare to u .
    U dont even know what ur magic has done . Thank u is a very small word .
    Congratulations and all best wishes for the upcoming happiness. God bless u with a smiler fades that never fades.
    Take care
    Ranu