Neha

You are right! This topic is inspired... no, not from anywhere else, but the latest Cadbury's advertisements. They have moved me so much that I am starting a little campaign of my own. And wouldn't I be so happy and excited if you all, my blogdosts, would join in with me too!!! That would simply multiply the joy infinitely! So, let's begin from Oct 1 and celebrate the month as the Joy of Giving month!!!

All we need to do is to give a small little gift to someone. This could be anyone... your parents, siblings, friends, colleagues, peers, the local general store wale uncle, a rickshaw puller...just about anyone. Give them a sweet little thing and be rewarded with their smile.

But from all that you would know me, I'd never keep anything as simple as that (I know...that's the wicked me :)!) So the catch here is that your gift should be something you yourself like & value. So, all those clothes you were planning to get rid of or your old worn out utensils DO NOT count! And why this rule??? Simple - it's easy to part with things that have lost their value, but to gift something you like and treasure. Now, this could range from your favorite candy to your favorite pen!

I, for my part, am picking chocolates :). 1) It's a universally known fact that I am a chocoholic! 2) I've never liked to share my chocolate. In college, my slogan was - Chocolates & Boyfriend are NOT to be shared!

So....there goes.....starting day after, I'll write each day of my experience...I'll even try to click a picture of the receiver (if they allow me, that is!) and post them here. Hope to hear from all of you about what are you planning to give as your little bundle of joy :)

14 Responses
  1. TekBlogger Says:

    will definitely look into it dear
    and will send gifts to some frenz and my people..i started it alredy by leaving you a comment..lol..and will review ur blog on indiblogger..


  2. Neha Says:

    That's great Ashutosh :) ....do share what you gifted and the receivers' reactions....take care and keep dropping by :)


  3. Unknown Says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.

  4. Ashtung Says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.

  5. Ashtung Says:

    good idea... will certainly take a cue from it...


  6. Unknown Says:

    What an Idea Mam ji! I liked the cadbury's campaign as well.... will try to imbibe this.


  7. Neha Says:

    @ Ashtung - do share your experience :)


  8. Neha Says:

    @ Kapil - I am yet to start it from today too and am actually looking forward to it....do share your bit :)


  9. Brittany Ann Says:

    How wonderful to meet you! It's great to have a friend in India.

    Consider yourself followed by an American friend now, as well:)

    Thanks for coming by my blog:)


  10. Neha Says:

    Hey Brittany...so good to see you hear...am glad to have found your blog. It's really good! Keep writing and keep dropping by.


  11. Nupur Says:

    I was moved by the ad as well.. and I was searching for the ad on youtube but all in vain...I wanted to post it on my blog :)

    I'm glad that you have started this and I'll try to join you !


  12. Neha Says:

    Thanks Nupur...and would love you to join in with me...have started with it and whenever I gift someone, there is this overwhelming feeling!


  13. Ashtung Says:

    Hi Neha,
    gifted my grandpa an expensive watch from my 1st salary. A gift quite disproportionate to my salary.

    Not much, but feels great


  14. Neha Says:

    @ Ashtung - WOW...that's truly amazing....and am sure the happiness and that blessed feeling you must have felt was worth any other thing :)
    Proud of you...God bless :)