Neha
Last week, I spoke about the backward journey I was about to begin, to make good of all the time lost, to revoke the damage done in this last one year and my tribute to Dadaji.

On December 18, it was a year since Dadaji went. It was around the same time last year when he had starting working on publishing my book. Our last conversation had been about it and I was to send him the proof-read copy the following weekend. And that Friday, the unexpected happened and left us all in a state of denial and shock.

Last Saturday, we held a small prayer service in his memory and it was then, I presented the first copy of my book to him - Armaan (desire). The dream to see the happiness and pride in his eyes will remain unfulfilled, but I'm happy that he had read it. The book that was to be a surprise for him is now a tribute.


Blogdosts, Armaan, my second book of Hindi poems released on December 18. There is largely a feeling of contentment and satisfaction. Though I wanted to see the book in Dadaji's hand, I'm sure wherever he may be, he is looking upon us and I hope he is happy.
12 Responses
  1. There are 2 types of reactions. But I will go with the good one. Congratulations!


  2. UjjwalRaaj Says:

    Where can I get myself a copy?
    I'm sure your grandad is proud of you. Proud being an understatement.

    Congratulations :)


  3. Rachna Says:

    Wow, that's a wonderful tribute to your grandfather. Keep him in your heart, and he will always inspire you to achieve greater heights!


  4. Tanya Anurag Says:

    Congratulations, not only for this book of yours but also for being a wonderful grand daughter to you grandfather, who must be really proud of you :)


  5. Melissa G Says:

    Congratulations on publishing the book!
    I'm sorry your grandfather didn't get to see it published but i'm sure he would have been sooo proud of you!

    Merry Christmas!


  6. Anonymous Says:

    Agree with fellow blogger Bhavesh !!!!


  7. Neha Says:

    @ Everyone - Thank you for your kind words. I hope and pray that wherever he is, he is looking upon us. I am happy that I was able to do this bit for him.


  8. Bikram Says:

    Excellent .. I dont have wrods to say ...

    congrats on the book release and I am sure HE is so vry proud of you and smiling from up there somewhere ... sending all his love for you...

    Excellent Tribute ..

    Take care and be strong


  9. Neha Says:

    @ Bikramjit - Thank you so much. I too hope and pray that wherever He is, He is happy and content and blessing us all.


  10. phatichar Says:

    Wonderful..just speechless - this is a great moment. Sad he's not around, but nonetheless I"m sure he's around, watching and blessing. :) All the best, Neha.


  11. "Armaan"..Brilliant Name indeed! I don't think there could be a better title which translates itself into the very desire of every parent/ elder to give their child a good upbringing. With this book as a tribute, you have truly fulfilled one of that of your grandfather...Kudos :)


  12. Tarang Sinha Says:

    Congratulations! It really feels special to be published:)

    Wonderful tribute to your Grandpa...He must be feeling proud:)