Neha
24 Days to be exact. Yes, that's how long I have been away. Not so much from this space as I read others' blogs pretty regularly, but just that I don't write too often.

A blogdost wrote saying that blogging happens in phases. I can agree on this for myself, but when I see others writing so regularly, it sort of makes me feel guilty for not doing so myself. And then, I just received a few emails asking if all was well as I hadn't updated my blog for sometime.

Ohh, yes. All is well. And if anything doesn't tend to be, I make it so :). Yes, that's the new me now. Those of you who read the last few posts would know what this is all about.

And so even before the new year, I had ushered in the new 'me'.

No New Year resolutions for me.

No promises that I won't be able to keep.

No goals that seem too high and far from reachable.

No targets that beat me down instead.

And no aims that may eventually aim to get me into self-pity mode!

Well, I definitely am not forsaking the world or becoming a recluse. I am simply trying to make things better for myself.

My first step - anger management. Oh yes! I have a real bad temper. It takes some time to make me angry but when I do, I am bad! Basically then, I don't care!!!

I haven't had this forever! It just became a more dominant part of me off late. There was a time when Dadaji said that I am too patient and I need to take things more aggressively. Guess all that built up over time. For a few years by myself in Delhi and I had become this angry young woman! Of course, I have suffered enough due to this.

So when I began my backward journey, this was on top of my mind.

On retrospection, I am happy. I am not there yet...but on my way for sure.

Rest assured there are no tips I can share or any book I'd recommend. I have none! I am only trying to know myself better, trying to understand myself and what triggers that kind of behavior.

Trust me, making yourself see logic is far difficult than trying to make someone else do it. For me to do it, I need to get away from the situation/person, and give myself time. And it seems to be working.

How do I know?

'Well, just day before yesterday someone said to me, "Yes, you have not lost your temper that way for some time now."

That sure was a compliment!

So it seems like a new beginning from here. Things are looking up and I am keen to make them only better from here.

Disclaimer - I cannot and should not be asked for tips on anger management. Like stated earlier, I have none. And yes, self help books never work for me :). And yes, this is not the only change. I am keeping others for more posts. Be patient :)

Blogdosts, I do intend to making some good changes here too, which includes the design. If you have any suggestions, do send those to me. This design bores even me now :(. So come on, help me to bring about some more positive change around me :)

Waiting to hear from you.

Take care and stay precious :)
9 Responses
  1. Nupur Says:

    good to see an update on this page :) keep at it regularly if not daily,yeah?

    Happy MMXI to you dear :)

    Good Luck on AM...hope you succeed :)


  2. Nupur Says:

    P.S. haven't seen you around my blog since long :(


  3. Neha Says:

    @ Scribbler - I will try my best to write regularly. Thanks for being patient :)

    A very happy New Year to you too!


  4. Gopal Mishra Says:

    I am a first time visitor of this blog...it looks sooo goood...especially the diary:)

    just one request..in ur profile the blog appears twice..plz keep only the relevant one,,, Thnks


  5. Congratulations on your new book!!! =)
    I need help in the anger manangement area, and that is one of my goals this year, too!!
    And yes, please blog more! Your writing skills are too amazing not to!! :)


  6. That's really a big change, which most won't know how big for you. Really a nice post, with a positive change. Keep up the spirit to be better than ever.


  7. Bikram Says:

    All the best at the new beginning, i guess i shud take some anger managements lessons too ..

    Good to see a post from you .

    Take care and all the best


  8. Glad to see you post too!!! Always love when you do, but I can totally relate on just not having the "blogging itch" at times!


  9. Neha Says:

    @ Gopal - Thank you so much for your kind words. Advice taken and the second link has been deleted :)

    @ 2 Little Gals 3 Little Pals - Thank you...it's always good to hear from you. I will surely try blogging more often.

    @ Bhavesh - Thanks a ton!

    @ Bikramjit - Good to hear from you. Anger management sure is difficult...it takes a lot to cool down myself :))

    @ Kelsey - Thank you...I have to write more now :)