Neha

You reach out to a *friend* with open arms, willing to share her miseries, and even more ready to help her out of them....providing all the support you can. And then suddenly the *friend* disappears from the scenes without a hint, and you remain there to face the truth, to realize that it was all an 'in-your-face' lie. You didn't once even think that it could be a farce, a fake. You trusted your *friend* and that's the only wrong you did.

Yeah, you got it just right. This happened like last week and my heart and mind are still reeling under that effect. I need to get my thoughts straight and understand why, in the first place, was I led on to believe in all that was said to me? Like any other individual, who could have been in my shoes, I did not only sympathise, but empathised with the victim. Yes, I believed that she was the victim. And the sole reason behind it was that I had been a victim of similar circumstances and so, I only thought it right to hold out and be there for her.

And isn't that what most of us do, if not all? We believe the person who we know (supposedly) and are often made to think that everything that the person says is true; that the entire world seems to be conspiring against him/her; that he/she has been wronged and all that! And we have even more reason to believe in all of that if we have been in a similar muddy situation ourselves!

As for me, all I can think of is that my choice of the person was wrong and so I was prejudiced. For there is no other way that I can justify all that happened. The pride I take in my friends has been affected and I feel cheated. That does not make me suspect others around me; but it does make me more careful of my choices. I don't want one incident to make me feel this way for others around me. For I have friends that I still am proud of for they are who I chose for myself. And even now, they give me the assurance that this is just a one-off incident. Yet, the words remain - I feel cheated. There is anger. There ought to be anger. But it's not for anyone else, but myself. The damage done, the retrospection over, I need to move on from here....only a little more cautious and careful... I am not the one to forgive easily, I'd rather let go.

Will not let leave you all on such a note, blogdosts, and will make up for it before the day ends. Till then, take care and stay precious :)

13 Responses
  1. Chatterbox Says:

    Aww..that's real sad and very bad.
    Am sorry to learn how your friend betrayed your trust.
    I hope you feel better soon.

    It's my first visit to your blog Neha and I am enjoying it here.

    Take care and keep writing.

    Cheers!!


  2. Nupur Says:

    it happens to Virgos in general..I'm with you on this ! Been there and done that..got hurt..retrospected..moved on and again let myself fall for it :(


  3. Melissa G Says:

    Oh Neha, i'm sorry you've been hurt by this "friend".
    It's so hard when we've put so much into a friendship and then to feel betrayed.


  4. Brittany Ann Says:

    Oh, I am so sorry you've been hurt by your friend! No real friend would do this; you're right! My heart is with you! This just shows how wonderful you are, loving and giving of yourself...even to those who are undeserving of you good nature and open arms!


  5. Neha Says:

    @ Chatterbox - glad you visited :)
    And thanks :)

    @ Nu - I guess it's very typical of us Virgoes...keeps happenening...but this time, it's been a little more out of the way...anyways...life goes on, right :)

    @ Melissa - Thanks...and yes, it's hard as well as annoying. You don't really want to meet such people ever!

    @ Brittany - Thank you so much...feel much better now :)


  6. Neha Says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.

  7. You have quite a great control over expressing perfectly!

    Whatever happened was for good, even if you believe or not. My opinion is that it was a lesson that will make you more mature in life. Everything happens for good.

    Enjoy the 99% if 1% is going bad!

    Have a beautiful weekend Neha!!

    Bhavesh

     


  8. Neha Says:

    Thanks Tiktok :)

    Thank you for your kind words, Bhavesh. And thank you for dropping by...hope to see you often :)


  9. I am sorry you feel cheated lady and just know that we learn from our friends and experiences!!! It makes us stronger! Keep your chin up!


  10. Neha Says:

    True Kelsey...it does make us stronger and more careful.


  11. Neha Says:

    you will find such mean lot everywhere..no doubt they break our heart and above all trust; but don't they make us strong too? the key is to move on..it is difficult initially; but things do become normal..feeling of taken for granted is the worst ever; we should try to stay away from such ppl as much as possible..

    take care girl :))


  12. Neha Says:

    Thanks Neha....true, you do move on from such experiences being more cautious and careful; yet, such incidents do hurt!


  13. Bikram Says:

    :) WOW.. from my past few weeks of experience i did not think, this would happen to anybody else ..

    I can souly sypathise with you.. I take pride in my friends and people whom i love .. Till date only earned one thing that is FRIENDS.

    But to get cheated is far worse.. Yes world is full of such selfish , cheaters who go behind your back and do the worst ..

    BUT not to worry keep your head high and Walk tall.. Cause there are people who love you and care for you and in the End its those who matter the rest can go to hell.. they will get what they did sooner or later and far worse .. Pity is when they realise it , you will not be there to wipe there tears cause they will be Alone..

    and you will have all those precious people around you... Just learn from the experience and Mone on.. yeah i am sure a few will raise there eyebrows at me saying to move on :) But do move on ...